Samsung just came with Galaxy A8– that has some top-end features and a hefty price tag. An Octa Core Snapdragon 7150 (which is yet to be seen in any premium smartphone), a rotating camera, and AI-powered battery optimization are surely enough to count this device among big league players.
Though the innovative design and a high-end camera tech will keep it ahead of the competition, it will still get a tough fight from the current leaders of the same price bar in India. Samsung will be competing against OnePlus 6T and Honor View 20 in the Indian market which almost has a similar spec sheet to Samsung’s newest addition. While we are yet to witness their fight on practical performance grounds, we can still compare them on paper and see which among three has a good spec sheet to win the battle.
Samsung Galaxy A80 vs OnePlus 6T vs Honor View 20: Price in India
- OnePlus 6T: The base model of 6GB RAM and 128GB inbuilt storage is priced at Rs. 37,999. Next up is an 8GB RAM with 128GB storage option priced at Rs. 41,999, and the last one is an 8GB RAM with 256GB storage model available just at Rs. 45,999.
- Honor View 20: The 6GB RAM and 128GB storage version are available at Rs. 37,999 whereas the 8GB RAM and 256GB storage model is available at Rs. 45,999.
- Samsung Galaxy A80: Available at 649 Euros translating roughly to Rs. 50,445 (Indian price
Winner: Offering more buying options starting from a decent price and going high to again a decent price, OnePlus 6T is the winner.
Samsung Galaxy A80 vs OnePlus 6T vs Honor View 20: Display
- OnePlus 6T: 6.41-inch Optic AMOLED display with 1080 x 2340 pixels of resolution, 16M colors, and 85.6 percent screen-to-body ratio.
- Honor View 20: 6.4 inch IPS LCD display with 1080 x 2310 pixels of resolution and 19.5:9 aspect ratio.
- Samsung Galaxy A80: 6.7-inch Full HD+ New Infinity-U Super AMOLED display with 2400 x 1080 pixels of resolution and 20:9 aspect ratio
Winner: With bigger and better aspect ratio, Samsung Galaxy A80 is the winner in the display comparison.
Samsung Galaxy A80 vs OnePlus 6T vs Honor View 20: Processor
- OnePlus 6T: 10nm technology-based Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor with 630 GPU.
- Honor View 20: 7nm tech-based Octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 980 processor with Mali-G76 MP10 GPU.
- Samsung Galaxy A80: 2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa, Octa Core Snapdragon 7150 processor with Adreno 618 GPU.
Winner: Even after the 7nm technology, Kirin 980 fails to match the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 7150 that empowers Galaxy A80, making Samsung the winner again.
Samsung Galaxy A80 vs OnePlus 6T vs Honor View 20: RAM and storage
- OnePlus 6T: Three RAM variants available including 6GB of RAM with 128GB of storage, 8GB of RAM with 256GB of storage, and 10GB of RAM with 256GB of storage for the McLaren Edition.
- Honor View 20: Two RAM variants available including 6GB RAM with 128GB storage and 8GB RAM with 256GB of storage onboard.
- Samsung Galaxy A80: Only one RAM option available i.e. 8GB RAM with 128GB inbuilt storage.
Winner: Again with so many options, and one stunning McLaren Edition that flaunts 10GB RAM, OnePlus 6T is the winner.
Samsung Galaxy A80 vs OnePlus 6T vs Honor View 20: Software
- OnePlus 6T: Android 9 (Pie) with OxygenOS 9.0.5
- Honor View 20: Android 9 (Pie) with Magic UI 2
- Samsung Galaxy A80: Android 9.0 (Pie) with Samsung One UI
Winner: There is no comparison amongst the three in software front with a similar OS at work. Though, we can say that Samsung’s One UI is a little better than OxygenOS 9.0.5 and Magic UI 2.
Samsung Galaxy A80 vs OnePlus 6T vs Honor View 20: Camera
- OnePlus 6T: Comes with a dual camera setup of 16MP and 20MP at the rear end with an f/1.7 lens, Auto HDR, and gyro-EIS. The front side features a 16MP selfie shooter with f/2.0 aperture, Auto HDR and gyro-EIS.
- Honor View 20: The Honor device has a massive 48MP rear camera with a f/1.8 lens alongside a secondary TOF 3D stereo lens that offers Panorama, HDR, and LED Flash. The front end of the device has a 25MP selfie snapper with an f/2.0 lens.
- Samsung Galaxy A80: One of the most talked about camera in recent days, Samsung Galaxy A80 has a triple-camera setup including a 48MP lens with LED flash and f/2.0 aperture, an 8MP 123-degree ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture and finally we have a 3D Depth sensor. This similar setup is used for selfies too- courtesy “the rotating camera’.
Winner: Clearly Samsung Galaxy A80 wins this race with a good camera.
Samsung Galaxy A80 vs OnePlus 6T vs Honor View 20: Biometrics
- OnePlus 6T: Fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock, PIN, and Pattern.
- Honor View 20: a Fingerprint sensor, PIN, Face Unlock, and Pattern
- Samsung Galaxy A80: In-display Fingerprint scanner
Winner: Samsung has eliminated the Face Unlock feature which can be received wrongly. Here, OnePlus 6T and Honor View 20 win the battle.
Samsung Galaxy A80 vs OnePlus 6T vs Honor View 20: Battery
- OnePlus 6T: 4000mAh battery power with 20W fast charging support. Moreover, the McLaren Edition gets 30W Warp Charging support.
- Honor View 20: 4000mAh battery capacity with 18W Fast Charging support
- Samsung Galaxy A80: 3700mAh battery capacity with 25W super fast charging support
Winner: Samsung Galaxy A80
Verdict: Samsung Galaxy A80 has changed the game a bit with the innovative design and impeccable camera. While the other two still lack behind some departments, Samsung doesn’t.
Overall Winner: Samsung Galaxy A80.