Tencent Games is ready with another update to its popular battle royale game PUBG Mobile. The 0.13.0 update will start uploading on servers from today as the mobile version of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is getting a year and a half old. Released in early 2018 for iOS and Android, the mobile version of the game is more popular than the PC version that the game was initially built for. Since its release, the game has earned much attention thanks to its rapidly growing player base as well as revenue. Other than PUBG, Epic Games’ Fortnite, as well as EA Games Apex Legends, are also quite popular in the battle royale genre.
PUBG Mobile 0.13.0 update release date
The official twitter handler of PUBG Mobile revealed that PUBG Mobile 0.13.0 update will be rolling out on June 12, that is today. Keeping the history of the PUBG Mobile updates, Indian gamers can expect to find the update here in the second half of the day. The game went offline earlier yesterday as part of maintenance ahead of the update coming today.
PUBG Mobile 0.13.0 update changelog: What’s new
The update has tons of new fixes along with some new features. According to the changelog published on the PUBG Mobile site as well as appeared on the PUBG Mobile game launch screen, the biggest addition will be in EvoGround that will now have Team Deathmatch. It is reported to feature “fast-paced firefights in both FPP and TPP.” Other than that, players will now also have third-party app prevention and enhanced detection system to avoid cheating behavior in the game caused via Virtual app, modifiers, and emulators.
In other updates, PUBG Mobile players will now get a default MVP Pose as part of the MVP showcase system after each match. A dedicated button for climbing is also introduced in the game unlike previously when the jump button was used for climbing too. The Godzilla theme that the company recently showcased as part of the crossover named as part of the PUBG Mobile x Godzilla: King of Monsters is included in the update too. At last, another major update is the popularity gift and ranking award system and a new Charisma Ranking system.
Below you can check the full changelog of the PUBG Mobile 0.13.0 update:
- Added Team Deathmatch mode to EvoGround. This new model features fast-paced firefights in both FPP and TPP. Players can also create their own rooms with room cards
- Added control settings for FPP. Players can now have separate settings for TPP and FPP
- Upgraded 3rd party app prevention system and enhanced detection of cheating behavior via Virtual App, emulators, and modifiers
- Added MVP showcase system at the end of each match. All players will receive a default MVP pose. The top 3 players in Classic mode or the MVP of the winning squad in TDM will be featured
- In Vikendi, players will now leave footprints, trails and tire tracks on snow
- Added a dedicated button for climbing that can be enabled in the settings
- When killed by friendly fire, now players can decide if the teammate should lose merit or not
- Added a Godzilla theme. Godzilla themed lobby background will be available together with many themed events and rewards after the update
- Added new popularity gift and ranking reward. Every week, the top 100 players in the list may collect the title All-time Popularity or Recent Popularity
- Added Charisma Ranking. The permanent outfits and firearm/vehicle finishes collected by a player will increase their Charisma
- Victory Legion: Complete 1/5/10/20 matches with Dominating in Team Deathmatch
- Alpha & Omega: Get the first kill and final blow in a Team Deathmatch
- T-800: Achieve Terminator 1 time in Team Deathmatch
- Envoy of War: Complete a series of missions in Team Deathmatch.
Survive Till Dawn and Darkest Night changes:
- The old zombies have been replaced by 4 types of new zombies
- Liquid Nitrogen Grenades now leave behind a cloud of freezing smoke on the ground for a long period after explosion, reducing the movement speed of any unit in the area
- Added new mode combat modifiers
- Certain zombies now have new abilities: Tanks will empower nearby allies; Skinners can slow nearby players
- A new factory has replaced the police station
- Players can now combine items in batches
- Equipped items will be displayed on top
- Duplicated new items will no longer be indicated by a red dot and the “new” tag
- The Backpack and Helmet tabs have been moved to the Customization tab.
- Arcade mode opening times have been adjusted. Mondays and Wednesdays: Sniper Training & War; Tuesdays and Thursdays: Mini-Zone & Quick Match; Fridays to Sundays: All Arcade modes are available. All times are in UTC
- Protective items are now 25% more durable. Their effectiveness remains unchanged
- Players can now bolt/reload a bolt action rifle while moving instead of completing the process while aiming down sights
- Improved the animation in FPP when running while holding an SMG.
- Vehicles now have improved feedback on explosions
- Event Center now has improved interactions and better tutorials for the event missions
- Crew Challenge Qualifying Round has been expanded. Now 6 qualifying matches will be held every day, up from 5. Each squad can participate up to 3 matches per day, up from 2. Each squad is allowed to participate a total of 18 qualifying matches, up from 12. And new items have been added to the Crew Shop
- Players who have registered for Crew Challenge will now receive a notice 10 minutes before a match starts
- Players can now collect all rewards from daily missions, progress missions and achievements all at once
- Added 3 new Clan Insignias for Lv. 7, Lv. 9, and Lv. 10
- Added a latency indicator to the main screen. Green, yellow, and red represents a good, average, or bad connection”