Tencent Games has been working on the lite version of their popular battle royale game PUBG to reach users without high-end computing resources. The company has finally found a way through a lighter version of PlayerUnknown’s BattleGrounds known as PUBG LITE. It was first launched last year in September under the beta program for selected Southeast Asian countries. PUBG lovers from India have been demanding the lighter version for quite a while now and the developers have finally listened to them.
Where and How to Pre-Register for PUBG LITE
PUBG LITE registration has already begun starting yesterday in the SAARC countries including India. PUBG LITE Beta registrations are open for other SAARC countries too including Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, and the Maldives. The registration event for the PUBG LITE Beta will last for 13 days starting yesterday. Interested players can click on the official PUBG LITE website- https://lite.pubg.com and create a free account. In case you already have an account on the official PUBG page, you can log in directly here too.
- Once logged in, you will be required to click on ‘Participate in Event’.
- The website will then prompt you to link your account with your existing Xbox, Steam, or PS4 accounts.
- The last date for PUBG LITE beta registration is July 3.
Players registering for the event will be rewarded with several in-game perks.
- All players will get standard Tiger M46 gun as well as Cheetah parachute skin.
- The company also mentioned freebies including Punk Glasses, Black Scarf, and Bloody Combat Pants if the registration crosses 100k.
- In the case of 200k registrations, players will be awarded Striped Long-Sleeved Shirt, Gold PUBG scarf, and Red Sports top.
Do note that the game is yet to be available for download and only the registration has begun. The team working with the game has presumably decided to make it available to only those who register. The PUBG team will probably notify these players through emails containing the download link to the PUBG LITE.
PUBG LITE is a toned-down version of the PUBG PC and not the popular PUBG Mobile. The game is meant for players with low-end computers. Unlike the main PC version of the game, this will not require a dedicated graphics card and it will also be available free to download and play just like PUBG Mobile. The game reportedly will have a separate launcher for Windows but there are some speculations that PUBG LITE will be offered via Steam.