Oppo, for the first time, has introduced the F11 lineup in India. The Chinese smartphone maker has introduced Oppo F11 and F11 Pro competing at the mid-range budget segment of smartphones. The high-end variant, Oppo F11 Pro with features such as a 48MP shooter with a dual-camera at the rear end, pop-up selfie camera, VOOC Super Fast Charging, 6GB RAM, and 128GB storage is priced Rs 24,999. The smartphone will go on sale starting on March 15, 2019.
The biggest competitor of the new Oppo smartphone is Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 7 Pro that also sports a 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor, fingerprint sensor, and is coming in two variants including 4GB and 6GB RAM. Xiaomi smartphone starts at Rs 13,999 for the smaller 4GB variant and Rs 16,999 for the 6GB version making it a highly affordable budget as compared to Oppo F11 Pro with almost similar features. It will go on sale starting March 13 in India.
Let’s compare and find out which one surpasses the other on the spec sheet.
Oppo F11 Pro vs Redmi Note 7 Pro: Display
- Oppo F11 Pro: 6.5-inch Full HD+ display with 2340 × 1080 pixels of resolution,19:5:9 aspect ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Redmi Note 7 Pro: 6.3-inch Full HD+ display with 2340 ×1080 pixels of resolution, 19:5:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass display, and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
Nothing much to compare here since both the devices have almost similar displays. Oppo F11 Pro wins here because of a bezel-free display, courtesy a pop-up selfie camera for a notch-free panel.
Oppo F11 Pro vs Redmi Note 7 Pro: Processor
- Oppo F11 Pro: Octa Core MediaTek Helio P70 12nm technology with 900MHz ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- Redmi Note 7 Pro: 2GHz Qualcomm Octa-Core Snapdragon 675 processor with Adreno 612 GPU
Redmi Note 7 Pro has an edge over Oppo featuring a faster 11nm Snapdragon processor which beats 12nm technology-based MediaTek’s Helio P70.
Oppo F11 Pro vs Redmi Note 7 Pro: RAM and storage
- Oppo F11 Pro: 6GB of RAM and 64GB of inbuilt, expandable up to 256GB with microSD card
- Redmi Note 7 Pro: 4GB and 6GB RAM with 64GB and 128GB storage respectively, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card
The clear winner is Redmi Note 7 Pro here with 128GB internal storage in its 6GB RAM.
Oppo F11 Pro vs Redmi Note 7 Pro: Software
- Oppo F11 Pro: Android 9.0 Pie with ColorOS 6.0
- Redmi Note 7 Pro: Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10
We have a tie in the software front with nothing much to compare. Both the skins have their own advantages and both work really well at saving battery life.
Oppo F11 Pro vs Redmi Note 7 Pro: Camera
- Oppo F11 Pro: Dual camera setup at the rear end including a 48MP lens with f/1.79 aperture and a 5MP lens with 1.12um pixel size. The front end features a 16MP selfie snapper with f/2.0 aperture
- Redmi Note 7 Pro: A 48MP with Sony IMX586 sensor and f/1.79 aperture 6P lens, coupled with a 5MP depth sensor at the rear-end. For selfies, we have a 13MP front snapper.
Again, here is a tie with both smartphones featuring almost similar shooters. However, we can declare Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 7 Pro a winner for its Sony IMX586 sensor.
Oppo F11 Pro vs Redmi Note 7 Pro: Battery and Other Features
- Oppo F11 Pro: 4000mAh battery with VOOC flash charge 3.0, 3.5 mm audio jack, Dual VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2, fingerprint sensor, and WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz).
- Redmi Note 7 Pro: 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 4, Bluetooth 5, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac dual-band, fingerprint sensor, and face unlock feature.
The overall winner is clearly Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro. Being a cheaper device, it offers better features than Oppo F11 Pro and it should be a matter of concern for the F11 makers.