Gone are the days when family photos were sent through postcards or people would have to wait for weeks if not months to see the faces of loved ones. Nowadays social media has made it an activity done within a few seconds. Applications like Whatsapp, Instagram and Facebook are the way of life. Another major name that we can add to this list of applications is Snapchat.
Well if you belong to the millennial generation and you don’t know about Snapchat, buddy! please tell us which rock you have been living under. But if by some miracle you are one of those who doesn’t know about Snapchat it is quite a funky app which lets you connect with your friends through snaps. These snaps come with a time range of 1 second to 10 seconds and also infinite time.
Do you think it ends there? You’re in for a surprise my friend this app has various features in it including various funny, funky and pretty filters, location sharing and the best of all a “mini-me” feature. Since other apps have the first two features already we are guessing it’s the last one that’s got your hooked. And that’s where we come in.
The bitmoji or as mentioned earlier “mini me” filter enables you to create an interesting cartoon of yourself and brings it to life inside hundreds of stickers, and even right in front of you in augmented reality.
There’s a Bitmoji for every mood, and a Friendmoji for every friendship. Eager to know how to use this feature and can’t wait to connect with your friends in this manner?
Well here’s a step by step guide to help you create edit use and also unlink the bitmojis.
How to use Bitmoji on Snapchat?
Creating a Bitmoji
- Launch Snapchat. (No shit Sherlock)
- Tap the Ghost in the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap Create Bitmoji! In the top left corner of the screen.
- If you haven’t installed the Bitmoji app, you’ll be taken to the App Store to download the app. Tap Get and Launch Bitmoji
- Click on Create with Snapchat.
- Give your creative style a push and start designing your bitmoji.
- Now, select whether you want to appear as male or female.
- You’ll be asked if you want to take a selfie to compare yourself too. God forbid your modesty might hide your beauty. Explore through the countless options provided in terms of apparel and features and put your best cartoon forward.
- Using a Bitmoji: Now that you have made a bitmoji character let’s start using it in snaps or while chatting with friends
Bitmoji on Snap
- Create a new snap. Tap on the Stickers icon at the top right of the screen ( it looks like a dog-eared sticky note)
- Swipe to the left to scroll through the different stickers
- You can see your bitmoji character in several poses and scenes with various taglines
- You can even search for a specific action or scene by using the search bar at the top
- Tap on the chosen bitmoji to see it on your snap you can place the bitmoji wherever you want by dragging it through the snap and can also change its size by pinching your fingers
Bitmoji on Chat
We can also use bitmojis while chatting with our friends. Let us see, how?
- Tap on the chat bar. Click the right-most smiley icon on the bar right above the keyboard
Choose the second icon (from the left) at the bottom
- Scroll left to choose the different bitmojis according to the emotions. Bitmoji’s are also prompted on the right side of the keyboard while typing
Editing your Bitmoji
- Launch Snapchat.
- Tap your Bitmoji in the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap Edit Bitmoji and you’ll be taken to the Bitmoji app to make your desired edits.
Unlinking the Bitmoji
- Launch Snapchat.Tap your Bitmoji in the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap Settings (looks like a gear) in the top right corner of the screen.
Tap Bitmoji and Tap unlink bitmoji.
Now that you’re well aware of this fantastic feature what are you waiting for? Go cartoon yourself away and have fun with your friends. Feel free to thank us later