It’s ironic how nightmares change as we grow old. In childhood, our nightmares were about Big monsters under our beds and now as we have grown older it has changed to a small device falling down from the bed. You all are very familiar with this feeling, aren’t you?
seeing how dependent we have become on mobile phones it doesn’t come as a surprise that breaking of an iPhone is nothing less than a horrendous nightmare.
In times of such peril, one is at a loss of what to do. Well, now you know. You just have to read this article. There are ways and applications which in some cases make it possible for us to operate our phone from our Mac’s or laptops. And in this article, we tell you about these ways.
How to Use a Broken Apple iPhone from PC (Computer)
Now there are two ways to do this one using QuickTime and another using the application Veency.
This solution is applicable to all the apple product junkies who have a fancy Mac to support their apple instruments gallery. if you do have a Mac you just need “QuickTime” which is a free media player along with being a screen recorder.
Now even though it might come out to be an amazing media player right now we will focus on its ability to record the screen. This allows you to replicate the display and mirror the capabilities of an iPhone and iPad device. All you have to do for this is use a lightning cable to connect to your phone to the PC. Thus avoiding using the broken screen for any other purpose. To go about this facility follow the steps given.
- First, launch QuickTime on your Mac and connect your iPhone with a lightning cable.
- If your phone prompts you to trust the connection, click the “Trust” button. To do this, connect your device to a Bluetooth keyboard, open iTunes, and press “Space/Enter”. You can also do the same thing by turning on VoiceOver through Siri. Just say, “Hi Siri, turn on VoiceOver”.
- After connecting your iPhone, go to QuickTime and click on “File”. Press the drop-down arrow beside “New Movie Recording” then choose your iPhone from the options. This will automatically send your iPhone display to your Mac.
- At this point, you can use your computer to preview your device.
But one should remember that your touch should work for QuickTime to be applicable to your scenario. So it doesn’t help you use a completely unresponsive phone. But in the case of a broken phone, you can use it to diagnose the issue with it.
Now, one should appreciate how difficult it is to control an iPhone due to its excessive security features. Thus to use this second approach a person need a jailbreak phone. But on the other hand, the positive side to this method is the functionality that works on Windows Linux and doesn’t require a Mac only.
But again you do need an application downloaded for this. In this article, we will be explaining the application “Veency”. To tell you a little bit about this application, this application is a VNC server that provides its users the ability to share their display, as well as control a third party device. Now about the way to use this application. for that just follow the steps below.
- On your jailbroken device, open Cydia and update it accordingly. From the search tab, type Veency and click “Install” > “Continue”.
- Once the installation is done, tap on “Restart Springboard” and wait for the app to process your device.
- Navigate to “Settings” > “Veency” then turn on the “Server”. Remember that you may use QuickTime to set up your Veency.
- At this point, open any VNC viewer on your computer (i.e., RealVNC Viewer) and input the IP address of your phone to the proper box.
- After some time, you will be able to control your phone.
Now one must know that Veency has common functions with your iPhone. To make working with it easier the left click on your laptop corresponds to pressing the tapping function whereas the right click gives a functionality of pressing the home button