Are you highly concerned that the unknown person might have access to your Apple ID? Because your Apple ID is used for so many Apple, products and services, therefore you should make sure that your Apple ID is quite secured as possible. You should be the only one person who knows the password of your Apple ID and can sign in with your Apple ID.
If there is someone who you do not know or cannot trust upon to sign in with your Apple ID, then your account is not highly secured. Everyone with an iPhone, iPod or Apple watch has the Apple ID and it is quite an important prerequisite to getting the most out of the Apple services, which include the iTunes Store, Apple Music and iCloud. An Apple ID is not the only account with the credentials that users might need to be keeping the track record these days and however; there is always the possibility which you may forget at certain login information like all your major important passwords. But, thankfully, there is no need to panic on this if you do forget your Apple ID password. There are major steps that users can take to reset it, all of which are pretty straightforward.
There is no way for Apple to simply tell that what your present password is, though, not even with the help of email. Instead, every method to deal with the forgotten Apple ID password involves resetting it entirely. In today’s digital age, it is not a daunting task to hack into someone’s account. Even though Apple is one of the most secure platforms, therefore there may be a situation when you feel that your Apple ID might have been compromised on your iPhone, iPad or Mac devices.
Your Apple ID is much more than the simple username and it is the key which unlocks the long list of Apple products and services on any of the numerous devices. iCloud basically uses the Apple ID and so do iTunes, Apple Music and many more. The Apple ID protects your personal information, which includes email and iOS backups and that helps you find the lost iPhone and even unlock your Mac. Therefore, it goes without saying that if something happens wrong with your Apple ID, then you could be in for the world of the hunt.
Now, let us look at the major steps that will help you understand more clearly about how to reset your Apple ID and gain control of your account as follows:
- To begin with, all this, go to the appleid.apple.com and then click on the forgot Apple ID or the password in the middle of the page.
- Now, you will be taken to the new page where the users will have to enter their email address which is associated with their account. Now, click on continue, then select I need to reset my password.
- Now, you will be able to select how you want to reset your password whether it is with the help of email or by just answering the set of security questions. Whichever option you select is based upon your preferences.
- By selecting the email method prompts Apple to send an instruction to the primary email address that you used to start with this process or rescue email of you have decided to make one. You will know the email that has been sent when you see the email has been sent a page with the large, green checkmark.If you cannot find that email, then you must be sure to check your spam, junk and trash folders or repeat the steps above to have the email sent again. Going with the security questions need you to confirm your birthday date and answer some generic or some specific questions before you are allowed to create your new passwords.
How to gain control of your Apple ID?
If you think that your Apple ID was highly comprised, the use the given below steps to gain the control of it and review your account information as:
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page and if you cannot sign in or you receive a message that the account has been locked when you try to sign in, then you should try to reset or unlock your account.
- Now, change your Apple ID password and select the password which is quite strong.
- Review all the personal and security information in your account and update any information which is not correct or that you do not recognize which include your name, your email ID address, alternate email ID, etc.
- Now check with your email address provided to make sure that you have control over every email address which is associated with your Apple ID. If you do not have the control on email addresses which are associated with the Apple ID, then you should alter the password for the email address or use the different email address.
- Now, set up two-factor authentication for your Apple ID and this additional security feature is designed to prevent anyone from accessing your account, even if they might know about your password.
I hope the above listed major steps will help users to reset their password for their Apple ID and can also help them to gain control over their Apple ID so that others may not use it without your permission.
You May Also Be interested in:
- Apple iPhone: How to Reset Memory RAM
- How to Hard Reset an iPhone?
- How to Stop Apps from Tracking your Location
- How to Use AirDrop