PDF is a universal format that was invented by Adobe. A PDF file preserves the formatting, fonts, graphics, colors and so on of a file independent of the platform that is used to create the file. Initially, this format was used for sharing the documents between operating systems. PDF documents are useful for flyers, magazines or brochures and also whenever you would like to preserve the original formatting of the document. There are various ways in which PDF files can be merged. Some of them are explained below:
Merging PDF files using Adobe Acrobat DC
- Launch the Adobe Acrobat.
- Then click on “Combine Files” on the Tools menu.
- Click on “ Add Files” to select the PDF files that you want to combine using Acrobat.
- You can also drag and drop the files to rearrange them in the desired order.
- Once you have arranged the files, click on “ Combine Files” to merge them.
- Then click on “Save Button” to save the PDF file.
Steps to merge the PDF files online for free
- Firstly you need to upload the files by clicking on the “Choose File” option.
- Then press the “ Merge” button to upload the files.
- You can select multiple PDF files and arrange them in your specified order.
- Then you can click on “ more files” if you want to select more files and merge them.
Steps to merge PDF files using PDF Shaper Free in Windows 10
- Firstly, PDF Shaper Free version should be downloaded.
- Once PDF Shaper Free has been downloaded, launch it.
- Then you need to open the “Merge Window” by clicking on “Merge Option”.
- Click on the “Add” button to combine or merge the selected PDF files into one.
Steps to merge the PDF files in Google Drive
- Select the PDF files on Google Drive if they are in the same location.
- Right-click and press “Open with” and then click on “PDF Mergy”.
- Selected files will be imported to the “PDF Mergy” website automatically.
- You can drag and drop more files in it.
- You can also select the files from Google Drive.
- Files can also be easily moved to the desired position.
Steps to merge the PDF files on Mac
- Go to “Preview”.
- Open the PDF files that you want to merge.
- Choose View>Thumbnails in each file, this will display thumbnails of the page in the sidebar.
- Then page thumbnails that need to be added to another document should be added by pressing and holding the command key.
- After this, Command should be allowed to let go.
Steps to merge PDF files using Foxit
- Firstly, Foxit PhantomPDF should be launched.
- Your screen might look Classic or Ribbon based on toolbar mode used.
- Then a new window will pop up.
- Then you need to select “Merge multiple files into a single PDF file” at the bottom of the page.
- Then save the merged file at the desired location.
Steps to merge PDF files using Adobe Reader XI
- To combine the PDF files, firstly you need to click on “File”.
- There is a dialog box “Combine Files” on the menu bar, open it.
- You can easily select the files that you want to combine using this dialog box into one PDF file.
Steps to combine PDF files using Microsoft Edge
- In this, a page range can be specified from each PDF.
- It can be figured out about the pages you want by using other applications such as Adobe Reader or Microsoft Edge.
- The easiest way is to go to file>new document.
- Then select the option to merge the PDF files into a bigger PDF file.
- Then a box with file-list will open.
Steps to merge the PDF files in Chrome
- Firstly, you need to drag a PDF file and drop it in the Google Chrome window to open it.
- Then go to “Menu” and click on “Print”.
- Under destination, you need to click on the “Change” option.
- Then select the “Save As PDF” option.
- Save the file at the desired location.
Steps to merge the PDF files on Windows for free
- For this, download a free PDF converter known as PDFMate.
- Then these PDF files should be added to a program.
- Click on the “Add PDF” button at the top-left of the window.
- Select the desired output format.
- You can click on any output format such as HTML, TXT, EPUB, IMAGE, WORD, SWF, PDF and so on to save the output.
- Then the output path needs to be customized.
- Then combine the required PDF files for free.
Steps to merge the PDF files using A-PDF merger
- It is a desktop utility that works at a very high speed.
- It helps to combine two or more PDF files into one file.
- Firstly, you need to add the files by clicking on the “Add” icon.
- Then you need to adjust the file order.
- Then click on merge to merge the files and save them.
Steps to merge PDF files using PDFBinder
- Firstly, you need to install PDFBinder.
- Then launch it once you have downloaded it.
- Now, drag the files that you want to combine and drop them to PDFBinder.
- You can also click on “Add file” and select the files that you want to merge.
- You can easily move the files by pressing up and down arrows.
- Once, you have placed the files in an appropriate order, then click on “ Bind” to start the merging process.
Steps to merge PDF files using PDFescape
- It is one of the free PDF editors.
- Firstly, you need to open a PDF file.
- Then you should select the file you want to append by clicking on the “Pages” tab.
- You will see a popup window and there you can simply merge the required files.
Steps to merge PDF files using PDFsam
- This software helps to merge the PDF files and also to separate them.
- Click on “Add” to open the files that you want to merge.
- Use up and down keys to arrange the files in the desired order.
- Then merge the files and save the desired file in any format.