iPhone in itself is a deal made on the more expensive side, but it never ends there does it? There are its safeguarding options, the fancy cover to show your phone off and not to forget iTunes which charges an amount for almost every melody you want to listen or download.
But what about your favorite song that you want to listen to as your ringtone? It always gets ignored on the pretext of money and being the less needed, luxurious option. Well, not anymore. Through this article, we will show you how to create free ringtones for your precious iPhone free of cost.
How to Create Free Ringtones Directly on Your iPhone
Now we know there are a few applications that let you do that, but they also incorporate a huge loop in which your computer, Laptop or Mac gets involved. But our method today doesn’t even need that side help. All you have to do for this is to download the application GarageBand
This is Apple’s own application and is downloadable free of cost on any of your iPhone or iPad devices which have iOS 11 and above. Once your GarageBand is downloaded follow the steps given below you create your free ringtone.
GarageBand is an application that creates almost professional songs and has an interesting functionality of recording an existing application which we are going to focus on in this article. What are we waiting for let’s get on with the steps
- Launch the GarageBand application. Now here you will see other projects (If you have created any projects with the application). Your ringtone has to be chosen from these projects. But since it isn’t made yet, click on the plus button in the top right corner.
- Once you start creating a new project, you will see an option of two tabs, Live Loops, and Tracks. Click on the tracks tab.
- If you are interested in making any new music, go ahead with the instruments option. But in this article, we will focus on using an existing song for which you will have to choose the audio recorder option.
- Once the third step is completed you will enter a DJs paradise, but if you arent one dont let yourself get intimidated by those fancy controls, we wont need them for this tutorial. All we have to do is click on the icon which is third from left in the top left corner which is 3 lines and enter the main editing screen.
- In this step you are to import a song from the phone. But you have to note that the song being used should not have DRM (Digital Rights Management) thus should be unprotected.
- To do the import choose the icon on the screen that shows a arrow turning backwards or the loop arrow. This icon can be found second from right in the top right corner.
- Then tap on Files followed by choosing Browse items from the Files app. Now you will see all the music files that are stored on your iphone.
- To choose your preferred song tap on the file to copy it.
- Once that is done you will be back to the files tab, now you should drag and drop the favored ringtone upwards. This will hide the files tab, so you can drop the song in the main editor or the GarageBand application
- Now that youve got the song in the editor, you can edit the part that you want and listen to the song. Once ready click on the downward triangle icon in the top left corner and select My Songs.
- You will then be redirected to the project list where your new song is shown as your project. Here you also have the functionality to change its name.
- Now that your song is ready lets make it into a ringtone. All you have to do is long press on your project, you will then see a pop-up menu. Here tap on Share and then select the ringtone. The next step is to click on Export.
- Once exported, you will get a pop up which says Ringtone Export Successfulbelow which you will have two options
- Use Sound As
- Click on Use Sound Aswhich will further give you three options
- Standard Ringtone: which sets the song as your regular ringtone.
- Standard Text Tone that makes the chosen song play every time you get a text message.
- Assign to Contact: which will let you assign the song as the ringtone for a particular contact in your address book
- Choose your preferred option and enjoy your free ringtone
Seems like GarageBand is a pretty useful application. But do not underestimates its qualities to only setting edited ringtones. This application gives you a chance even let out the Mozart in you. You can compose your own melody as well as record songs in your own voice. Go ahead then this application is your stage and all you men and women merely players.