Yesterday was a big day for Google as it launched the best smartphone camera of 2018 owing to its smart camera features. Google has always set the standards high for the smartphones and this time, it has incorporated AI and machine learning for providing the best camera features ever.
This 5.5-inch Android Pie smartphones have a perfect size display and can be found in three different colors- White, black and a sand-pink color. They are well-equipped with a big OLED screen and just right dimensions at a fair price.
The best part is the promising camera specifications which are one 12.2 MP rear-facing camera and two other 8MP front-facing cameras. Dual cameras at front help in capturing the selfies from a wide-angle so that a large group selfie can be taken easily without leaving out some of your group mates.
Let us take a look at some of the crucial facts about these handsets:
Display and Design
The most notable feature is that both the phones resemble their younger siblings as both sets have a two-toned design that has 20 percent glass and 80 percent matte shade. However, a slight variation is that this year they decided to use soft-touch glass called the Corning Gorilla Glass 5. This is the same glass that guards the front screen against any damage. All this is covered in aluminum metal imparting a hybrid coat on the smartphones. With an exception that Google pixel 3 XL has a tall modern display which is completed with a notch at the top.
The display size of Google Pixel 3 is 5.5-inch along with the OLED display. The Google Pixel 3 XL also has a 6.3-inch along with OLED display and HDR support. Both the phones maintain an aspect ratio of 18:9 which provides a taller screen size and least bezel.
Google has designed both the smartphones with enhanced camera specifications. Some core factors of Machine learning govern the phone for capturing the photos without blurring them or catching a closed eye picture. Therefore, now everyone will be able to take images with large 1.4-micron pixels or 12.2 MP for their best shots. Even the pictures at night would have a high quality. Also, there are several other features like color pop effect, motion mode, top shot for capturing an impressive shot.
Selfie lovers should be happy as Google has managed to design a phone ideal for taking Group selfies without any problem due to its large angle second camera.
Other Performance Specifications
- Processor: The Google Pixel 3 and 3 XL exhibit fast processing as they are powered with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor. Also, the RAM for Google Pixel 3 is 4GB while for Google Pixel 3 XL is 6GB which enables quick and easy processing of data.
- Wireless Charging: The smartphones will support charging without wire which can be done using a Pixel stand. Also, the aluminum body of the phone is helpful in imparting a faster charging of the phone.
- Dual speakers: Both the phones are equipped with two speakers for a clear sound and a better user experience. These will be useful for getting a quality sound and manage the bass well.
- Battery life: The smartphones possess a 2,915mAh battery which is the upgraded version of what we had when the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL smartphones were launched last year.
- No Micro-SD Slot: Both the phones have no Micro-SD Slot as both have a high storage capacity of 64GB or 128GB in them. Thus, Google did not facilitate any Micro-SD slot in these phones.
Release Date and Price
Google Pixel 3 will be released into the markets of US on 18th October and from November, it shall be spread to all other countries namely, Canada, France, Germany, UK, Japan, India, Singapore, Ireland, Australia etc. Although the pre-booking of the phone has started since yesterday. The price for Google Pixel 3 in the US for the 64GB version has been set to $799 whereas, for the 128GB version, the price is fixed at $899. Google Pixel 3 XL has a price of $899 for the 64GB edition whereas, for the 128GB version, the price is fixed at $999.
Therefore, Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL has a lot to offer at a reasonable price. The Introduction of dual front-firing speakers coupled with AI technology in cameras is strong enough to hold the market. While the prices are less than iPhone XS and the battery life as well as other performance is backed up well by Google’s Android Pie system which is huge if one looks at other smartphones at the same price range. It is a delicate yet an all-rounder smartphone accompanying high performance and power under the hood.