Parenting is tough to begin with, but add a smartphone-using, texting, emailing and Internet-surfing teen on top of that, and there’s a whole new set of digital rules that apply.
Parents are often worried about their child’s activities and want to keep them out of harm’s way as much as possible. With the vast domain of internet and increasing cybercrimes, keeping an eye on the activities online is also a priority for many. The best of parenting would be to encourage and build a kind of relationship where your child is able to share everything with you but you can never be too sure and it isn’t wrong to want to keep check on your kids activities, here is a list of the best app to track kids that will help you know about your ward’s online and offline activities.
Best App to Track Kids for Safety in United States
This is the best app for tracking your kids. The USP off this application is that gives you varied information about your child like who they call or text, which apps they use, how long they use them for, the number of contacts they have and more importantly it has a GPS enabled location tracker which keeps you updated on your child’s location. It is like a one-stop solution for tracking your kids in multiple ways. The application has many positive reviews from the users who believe that the app scores well in terms of simplicity of use and reliability. The application also allows you to lock your child’s phone remotely. Seems like this app makes “grounding” an online activity.
Life 360 : Family Tracker
free app lets family members track one another in real time. One great feature automatically lets family members know when someone has entered a predefined location, like home or school. You can choose two such spots. So when the kids come home after school, Life 360’s app automatically checks them in and sends an alert to show they’ve made it.
The app also includes a full location history, which is nice for an overview of recent activity. The built-in “panic” option sends out an emergency beacon to designated emails, text and phones with your exact location of your GPS coordinates. The app can also be used to message family members.
While the app and service are free to use, a premium version sells for $5 per month (which covers the whole family) or $50 per year. That pro version comes with unlimited check-in places, roadside assistance, the ability to locate non-smartphones, and protection against stolen phones. Life360 offers a 30 day free trial to its premium features.
Norton is another best app to track kids that are widely known for its security systems. Norton loyalists will like this app too. The application has a simple UI and gives you control over your child’s activities and filter the time they spend online and the information they access. Now working parents need not look any further.
Some of its features include :-
- Search Supervision
- Web Supervision
- Parent Alert
- Location Supervision
- Text message monitoring
- Activity reports
- Instant phone locks
Find my kids: Child Locator, Line Apps
With over a million downloads on the Google play store, this is one of the best app to track kids in the market today. The applications boast off a flawless functionality which is easy to use for the parents, helping you keep an eye on your child without complicating the UI.
The application has loads of features which can prove to be useful in the time of need. The application can record sounds nearby your child and even provides you with a history of their visited locations on the map. You can even customize and set a zone so that you get a notification as soon as your child leaves that zone. This best app for tracking your kids also supports Android wear and smartwatch compatibility. For all those mom’s wanting to keep your children in front of your eyes this app is a dream come true well virtually
Alarm.com : Home Monitoring System
This is not like the other applications on the list. It is not a standalone applications and rather a complete home monitoring system provided by Alarm.com, which has around 5 million customers worldwide. The application runs with the other pieces of hardware installed in your home. Security cameras are also installed which give you a complete footage to your phone. Along with that parents can get alert about when the children have arrived home from school, when someone is poking around the liquor cabinet or if someone has left the main door open. This app can not only monitor your kids but their nannies as well. The services are provided on Ios and android platforms only. Now you can rest assured this app will watch out for you and your family
MM Guardian Parent App
Dont want to overdo parenting but want your child to be safe ? MM Guardian Parent is meant just for you. This application helps you guide your kids and keep them safe rather than spying on them by putting you incharge of your child’s phone, the application lets you to set limits to the time your child is allowed to use the phone. The application locks their phone when the time runs out. Further you can choose to block online and incoming calls and messages and filter out the contacts that can get in touch with your child. This application can also completely block other applications that you find unfit for your child.
ESET is better known for its antivirus features, but kids control is something great in this application. It will be extremely useful to parents who try to make their kids spend less time with their smartphones and computers. Everyone who wants to block applications and a phone should consider ESET as one of the most valuable apps out there.
ESET is a powerful app ready to track your kid’s every single move. The point on the map marking your child’s location is accurate and updated in real time. Also, you can manage and monitor your children’s social network activity like that easy. Just set ESET option properly and all those social network accounts will be blocked in time. Also, ESET offers a flexible and informative report about every single action a target person performs on the mobile device that is under your smooth control.
ESET is a perfect match and will satisfy the needs of every parent using Android devices. You can purchase the app in its special Multi-Device Security Pack paying just $69 as a year submission with three users included.
Zoemob Family Locator and GPS Tracker
This locator app bills itself as more of a “family assistant”. It allows you to track family members, but it also encourages chatting with them over its built-in messenger and sharing lists and calendars.
Other than that, it also includes the properties of a standard app. You can track everyone’s location, check-in to places, set up specific location notifications, and set speed limits for family members who can drive. Now you can have a virtual butler at your service for free.
Each of the four major US wireless providers also offers its own particular Android app or service for keeping an eye on loved ones. All four feature a number of free services and individual options tailored to the user; paid features come at a monthly premium. If you’re a subscriber to one of these carriers, then you may find one of these apps suits your needs.
These carrier apps are as follows:
- Verizon Family Locator ($9.99/month per account for up to 10 phones): Features locations, address, a detailed map, turn-by-turn directions, arrival and departure updates, integrated text messaging.
- AT&T FamilyMap ($9.99/month to locate up to two family members, $14.99 per month to locate up to five family members): Features ability to locate from smartphone or PC, find lost or stolen phones, maps with designated safe spots, schedules, notification options. Includes 30-day free trial.
- Sprint Family Locator ($5.99/month to locate up to four phones): Features ability to locate lost or stolen phones, automatic check-ins, text alert, option to check from Web site, real-time locations. Includes 15-day free trial.
- T-Mobile FamilyWhere ($9.99/month to locate up to 10 phones): Features automatic location checks, real-locations, text alert, ability to work with non-smartphones, schedules. Includes 30-day free trial.
ParentWise is the best app for tracking your kids. It is a Mobile Parenting Software available to know your Child’s phone activity without invading their privacy. It is also the most accurate GPS tracking technology and alerting platform built to report every 180 seconds. Parentwise help you consolidate different aspects of tracking your child in one place but keeping the privacy intact at the same time.
- Location: You can always view your child’s current location and history of where they have been. Managing their Location is simple too. Just identify important locations and you can begin setting your own Custom alert!
- Texting: Set alerts to notify you if your child is communicating with potential trouble or if they are using their phone after hours when they should be sleeping.
- Usage: View your child’s current phone Activity! Set alerts to know when Apps are installed or uninstalled. Know when your child is using their phone and what APP your child is using the most. Set an alert to know if their phone battery is low, if their phone is shut down or unavailable.
- App Activity: Know what APPs your child is installing or uninstalling on their phone or what APP your child is using the most. Set Custom alerts to your specific parameters of acceptable or excessive use.
- Speeding: Track Your child’s progress while they are driving or driving with friends to a destination. Set check points to receive alerts and determine if your child is driving at an unsafe speed.
- Safe Zones: Establish custom, pre-set safety zones. Receive text alerts when your child arrives at or leaves a safe location. Great for knowing when your child arrives at school, leaves home or a friend’s house