We have all been through the situations when we completely blanked about the birthday of someone close. Luckily, technology has proven to be there as an aid. However, you can set a reminder on your phone itself, but it sometimes doesn’t prove to be efficient. Therefore, certain apps are specially designed to remind you of all the special days. These apps ensure that you do not miss out on any important day.
Here’s a list of 10 apps that you can effectively use on your iPhone. Pick the one that works best for you.
- HIP – The HIP app syncs birthdays from your contacts, calendars, and Facebook on the iPhone. If you are in the US, this app comes up with great gift ideas as well. Even if you live outside the US, you can send e-greeting cards also. This feature makes the app fascinating.
Another attractive feature of this app is that you can share the details of an upcoming birthday with other people in your contact. It has other features like zodiac sign and age.
The free version of this app supports ads. There is an ad-free plus plan, starting from $1.49, this plan gives access to extra features like in-built calendar, widgets, unlimited reminders, etc.
- Birthday Calendar + – Just like most birthday reminder apps on iPhone, Birthday Calendar + imports data from multiple sources including contacts and calendars. The app can be used for setting reminders, automatically sending greeting cards, checking how old the one turned on his birthday and zodiac sign.
This app has a different feature which helps you to view important historical events and birthdays of well-known faces on the same day on which the birthday of your friends or relatives falls.
Birthday Calendar also provides an in-built calendar. The free version of the app is ad-supported. However, you can upgrade and opt for an in-app purchase of $0.99 to remove ads.
- Countdown+ Widgets Calendar – Countdown+ Widgets calendar gives you access to a live countdown of a birthday when you set a reminder for it. You can create unlimited touchdowns in this way. The frequent countdown reminders are convenient. We tend to forget dates even after being reminded. Count down’s, therefore, work as time trackers.
You can also import all birthdays from your Facebook account and local calendar to the app.
You are free to customize the countdown font, color, size, and display style. You are also free to share newly created countdown timers with friends.
The free version of the app is ad-supported. To enjoy an ad-free service, you can upgrade the app with an in-app purchase of $0.99.
- Google Calendar– Google calendar is a well-known calendar app. You can set reminders in the calendar app itself. It is integrated with Google Assistant so, you can set reminders only by instructing the assistant.
This app lets you create more than one reminder with different colour codes for each one of them. You can also collaborate with your buddies and relatives by sending an invite through your Gmail ID. It has many other tricks that fascinate the users.
This is an entirely ad-free app available on the web and can be downloaded from the app store.
- IFTTT– IFTTT is a prominent tool that can be used to connect with hundreds of apps, services, and websites.
IFTTT has in-built recipes. There is a recipe for each and every service out therelike social media sites, SaaS products, smart home appliances, Google Calendar, and so on. You can use the app to set birthday reminders. IFTTT can be used with Google Calendar to get birthday notifications and to send automated messages through Facebook, Slack, Twitter, and more. This makes the app user-friendly.
IFTTT is a free and ad-free app. The app is mobile-friendly, as well.
- Greeting Cards & Wishes– Greeting Cards & Wishes is an app that is specialized in generating and sending greeting cards to your cherished ones on their birthdays. The app does not only help you remember days but also sends greetings on your behalf. The card sent is chosen by you before-hand. There is a catalogue of more than 40 thousand collections of cards for every occasion that you can choose from. You can pick up romantic, funny, or floral greeting cards.
The app is available for both iOS and Android systems. It works on the web as well. A selection of free cards is available but, to have access to the premium cards, you need to subscribe.
- Any.do – Any.do is the most popular planning app. The functionality of the app is not restricted to reminding of certain events, but, the app also lets you create various lists like to-do lists, view to-lists, mark things out, and much more. What fascinates users the most in this app is its calendar. Just as you do in a Google Calendar, you can add events, give them names, and set reminders so that you never forget an important date.
- Reminder and Countdown – It is just a basic app designed to remind users about all their important dates, birthdays, events, appointments, etc. You can also add a countdown for a particular date. It allows you to import birthdays from the address book and iOS calendar easily.
- Hallmark eCards – You aren’t getting much for free with hallmark, but it’s worth the subscription fee. The app is free to download, and you can browse all the cards you want, and access them after you have completed the subscription.
You can schedule your ecards for the whole year so that you don’t have to stress yourself out to remember any birthdays. A 1-month subscription costs $4.99, the subscription fee charged is $17.99 for a year. These animated ecards include attractive and charming messages. Some of them are literally hilarious.
An app that reminds you of birth dates of your loved ones, so that you do not miss on wishing them proves to be beneficial for most of us. This is because most of us forget important days due to daily hustle. The above-mentioned apps are the ones you can consider relying upon. The above apps are free. However, additional features require an in-app purchase. Check them out and choose the one which goes best for you.